Thursday, January 31, 2019

the first one

reviving this very, very old blog as a personal means of documenting. time goes very fast and I forget things, but I want to have something to look back on after this year, because I already know God is going to exceed my expectations (in welcome and less welcome ways, lol).

monthly (yep probably the very last day of the month, consistently) I'm going to post a little personal recap + the three or four self portraits I took that month. for accountability etc. and life updates for all my loves that are far away. so here's January.


Ben and I went to Hawaii for a week for our honeymoon. it was an adventure - we stayed at an airbnb in a small town instead of at a resort, so yes, very different experience than when you usually think of Hawaii. also, the hikes go down and then back up which is backwards in my brain. we did however get to swim with dolphins which was expensive, exhausting, and magical. this night was absolutely a highlight - the stars were amazing and we just got to soak it in for a minute.


we arrived in Pennsylvania after photographing a wedding in Texas late at night and Ben headed straight to work. he had one day off so we started the move in process (basically he did lots of things while I stressed out with my coffee and finally managed to unpack my suitcase). it was an insane week leading up to our second wedding celebration on the east coast, but this was a still moment.


photographically and creatively, I am probably the least proud of this photo. possibly because I felt a lot like it looks - it was post wedding exhaustion, saying goodbye to all of my precious humans, processing all of the disappointments I wouldn't get another chance to fix, all of the love from friends and family that stepped in and carried us like Christ. I'd been surviving from moment to moment for the past month and this was my "I got up just in time to get my husband to work and not to help the disaster on my head" outfit. 


a dear friend gave us a house plant, which I am praying I can keep alive, and that we affectionately named frank. I loved the light for this moment and I'm really looking forward to the rest of the apartment looking as clean as this corner of the table. LOL. I took this two seconds before leaving for another wedding weekend in Virginia. we were tired, so we learned a lot about each other and ourselves and got to spend some unexpected time with some good friends. I also got a quiet hour with God at a coffee shop that was something my soul has been craving and it's started to open some doors in my heart, so I'm super grateful for that. 

tune in next month for a super random collection of life notes and photos from Rach.

1 comment:

  1. So many wonderful things crammed into one month! Thankful for the gift of your husband who is perfect for you, for your artsy beautiful brain and bountiful business, and your soon to be cozied in place you can call home together.

    ReplyDelete